ScoreStream is awesome for just viewing and consuming fan-driven sports content. For many of our partners, we’re much more than just scores! We are also a unique and targeted way to engage with the fans that care about the coverage you provide. You can use our awesome tools to streamline your process and help you be the leader in your market for high school sports. Here are links to tutorials on all of our tools. Enjoy!
- Partnership Get Started Guide: start here to get set up with ScoreStream and use this as a check list for some awesome ways to start leveraging our platform.
- Dashboard: learn how to navigate your ScoreStream account and dashboard.
- WidgetCreator: create new widgets.
- WidgetManager: manage, update and edit your existing widget(s).
- Widget Examples: get some widget inspiration from other partners
- GameScheduler: schedule games in advance, these show up as upcoming games on your scoreboards.
- GameManager: find and follow teams, edit and score games in real-time.
- Scoring: how to score on mobile and desktop
- Mobile App: score games, upload photos and videos, post to social media, engage in conversation and more. All scores entered here flow straight to your scoreboard widget and on-air tickers (if applicable).
- Promotion Playbook: some tips on leveraging ScoreStream to be the leader in your market and help us spread the word.
- Team Page: how to update a team page, change pictures, team names, etc
- Game Venues: how to add or edit the various game locations. Get as specific as the gym for basketball or field for football
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you!
ScoreStream has many tools that help you cover local sports. Our online web version of ScoreStream has a dashboard that allows you to find the scores you want and the tools you need from ScoreStream. We encourage you to click around and explore the various sections. Here’s an overview of the key links for our media partners.
Dashboard Home Page
For fans, all the teams they “follow” are listed on the right below the quick view of the profile. On the left are featured games, sorted primarily by location.
Media partners can find everything they need under the “My Widgets” and “Tools” links on the navigation bar:
Click “Update” next to any one of your widgets to go to the WidgetManager tool, where you can make any changes you want. Those changes will flow right through to your online Scoreboard Widget and, if applicable, your on-air ticker and mobile app. For a refresher on WidgetManager, check out the WidgetManager tutorial.
Tip: Anytime you make a change to an existing widget, be sure to click “update widget” to save and implement your changes.
To create a new widget (e.g., for a new sport, squad, etc.), click “Create a Widget”. Click here for a refresher on how to create a new widget.
The tools section is where you’ll find the useful tools for media companies:
You can access the GameScheduler here to add schedules that aren’t already there. Check out the GameScheduler tutorial for more on this.
You can get to the GameManager here – an awesome tool to manage all the games and monitor the scores that are flowing into your online Scoreboard Widget. Check out the GameManager tutorial for details on how to utilize this tool.
Create a Promotional Graphic
If you haven’t seen this feature yet, be sure to check it out. We have a graphic maker tool that lets you create an awesome looking graphic to add to your Twitter or Facebook posts. The graphic can be a promotional tool to announce upcoming games or post a final score. This custom graphic allows you to stand out from the crowd and is more likely to get re-posted or replied to! Check out our Promotion Playbook for more tips like this.
Create Team Leagues
Use this tool for independent leagues, travel teams, etc that are not part of a traditional high school or collegiate league.
We hope that the dashboard will make it easier for you to navigate ScoreStream and access the tools you need.
As always, we’re here to help so contact us if you have any questions at all!
You may also be interested in:
Welcome to the ScoreStream Promotional Playbook! We are excited to have you on board as our partner and we want to ensure you get the most out of this partnership.
Since all of our data comes from the crowd, we are always looking to get more fans in the stands inputting scores, photos and videos. The more we get, the more you get! Here, you’ll find ideas and examples we’ve collected from some of our awesome partners for ways to get more of your local community involved.
In This Blog Post…
ScoreStream crowdsources local sports in real-time. Our mobile app allows fans and partners to post scores, photos and video and to engage in real-time conversations with other fans. Our desktop suite of tools empower our partners to schedule games in advance, create online scoreboard widgets and monitor and update scores in real time.
By promoting ScoreStream to fans in your market, you can help generate more, better and faster content for your online, on-air and mobile offerings. This guide will provide you with tips for utilizing and promoting the ScoreStream platform to optimize your content and engage with your audience.
ScoreStream Tools Tutorials
Getting a ScoreStream Scoreboard on your website is fast and easy. First, create a username at ScoreStream.com. Make sure to email us your username at email@example.com so we can grant you permission for all of our tools. Once you have an account, take a look at our tutorials for step-by-step guides on how ScoreStream works. Begin with the WidgetCreator tutorial to build your scoreboard.
- WidgetCreator: create your online scoreboard widget.
- WidgetManager: manage, edit and update existing scoreboard widgets. When you make a change, the scoreboard widget on your website updates automatically.
- GameManager: find, follow and update games in real time.
- GameScheduler: schedule games in advance to display upcoming games on your scoreboards.
- ScoreStream Mobile App: score games, upload photos and videos, post to social media and more. Your scores will flow straight through to your online scoreboard widget and on-air tickers
- ScoreStream App tutorial: this is an app tutorial created by one of our partners.
Promotion Tips: Promote Your Scoreboard to Get More Scores
Get fans engaged and get more scores, photos and video! Promote the ScoreStream mobile app to your audience. The games scored by the fans will be optimized for accuracy by ScoreStream and fed directly to your scoreboard widget in real time.
- Place your scoreboard widget in a prime location that makes sense for those coming to your website for high school sports scores.
- You can put a scoreboard widget in as many places as you want. For example, you may want to a run scoreboard on your homepage on Friday nights, as well as on your sports section every day.
- Have a call-to-action to download the ScoreStream app. Reminding fans to enter scores, photos and videos into ScoreStream will enrich the content on your scoreboard and website.
- Example: “We need your help covering your favorite teams! Download ScoreStream for realtime high school sports scores, photos, video and more. Check out the ScoreStream mobile app tutorial HERE“
- Example: “We’re teaming up with ScoreStream to provide high school sports scores in real-time. Download the ScoreStream app now and start following your favorite teams. Use the app during football games to follow all the action and join in by posting scores, photos, video and chat with other fans and rivals!”
- Put a ScoreStream ad on your website (see more ads here):
- Use blogs, articles, and other feature spaces to highlight ScoreStream on big game days
- Blog Idea: write up a recap of a game and link to the ScoreStream team page for a complete recap of the game including all scores posts and photos/ video sent using ScoreStream.
There are many ways to help engage more fans through social media. We’ve compiled some tips to help you increase interaction with your followers.
- Post in the App: ScoreStream is where fans go to post scores and discuss games. You can post in the app within team pages in your market to engage with your community.
- Example: “Tune in to [enter call letters] at 6:00 PM for a full Friday Night Lights recap including your Katy Tigers!”
- Click here to see more examples of partners that are doing an awesome job of this!
- Post from the App: You can post to Twitter and Facebook direct from the app. See our mobile app tutorial if you need some pointers on using the app. Pre-load your hashtag to accompany every post.
- Photos and Video: Use our app to make your photos and videos awesome! ScoreStream has photo filters and customizable scoreboard overlays that you can create in the app and publish to your social media sites. You can leverage our photo and video walls to find geo-filtered photos and videos from your area and put them on your website, link to social media, etc. Our mobile app tutorial has more information on the photo and video tools.
- Follow us and tag @ScoreStream in your updates so we can help share your content.
- Pre-load your hashtag for all tweets from the ScoreStream app.
- “@mention” team names, athletes, coaches, etc. This makes it easier for them to retweet / favorite your content.
- Use our photo and video features to make your photos look great with a score overlay. Attach these to your tweets to rise above the noise.
- Remind your followers to download the ScoreStream app for real-time scores and to add their own scores:
- More Examples:
- Find, share scores and post pics & video with [enter handle] & @ScoreStream. Download the app today!
- Going to be at the games this HS football season? Help us w/ scores by using the free @scorestream app!
- Download the @ScoreStream app and get in on the action – help score your team’s game! #prepzonehoops
- Make sure you’ve liked the ScoreStream page and that we’ve liked you back.
- When posting content, please tag @ScoreStream so we can help share your posts.
- Facebook posts may include more information than tweets, so consider posting pre-game previews and post-game recap posts on Facebook.
Use the ScoreStream Promo Maker to make your social media posts more appealing. Within any team page, you’ll see the ScoreStream Promo Maker on the right side of the page.
Click on it and you will see options for creating your own graphic that you can attach to a Twitter, Facebook or put on your website.
Email & Email Blasts
Tell your network about us! Sports are realtime, fans want updates realtime, ScoreStream allows you to cover games live, so make sure your viewers know this.
Example 1 (generic): “We’re teaming up with ScoreStream to provide high school sports scores in realtime. Download the ScoreStream app now and start following your favorite teams. Use the app during football games to follow all the action and join in by posting scores, photos, video and chat with other fans and rivals!”
We can integrate with your on-air graphics solutions like Newsroom Solutions, Chyron, or Vizrt. Please contact us if you are interested in getting this set up.
And check out our 15 second spot – please let us know if you are interested in airing this! CLICK HERE to download.
On-Air Call Out Examples
- Check out our ScoreStream real-time, high school scoreboard, driven by you the fans! Download the free ScoreStream app now and post live scoring updates right from the stands. Plus, check out live scores from all the games that matter to you, share photos, videos, chat, “cheer” and more. Help make [STATION NAME] your home for real-time high school scores with ScoreStream. Check out ScoreSteam.com for more!
- Get in the game with ScoreStream’s real-time, high school scoreboard, driven by you the fans! Download the free ScoreStream app and post live scores, photos and video right from the stands.
- Make your voice heard! Download the free ScoreStream app and post your team’s score to our real-time scoreboard.
- About ScoreStream: ScoreStream crowd-sources high school and local sports scores, photos, video and more.
- ScoreStream Tagline: Fan-driven sports coverage
- ScoreStream Brand Guide
- ScoreStream Logos
- ScoreStream Ad Samples
- Connect With Us
Questions? We’re here to help!
You may also be interested in…
Stars! Ratings! Scouting! Representatives!
The sporting world is filled with ranking systems, scouts and reps telling you who the best players are. Rankings given to prep athletes. These rankings are sometimes given as young as junior high and stay with the athlete while they are growing up. While these rankings and opinions change, there is always going to be an end ranking. A star value given to that player after they leave college to pursue their NFL dreams.
Rivals.com is well known for their in-depth scouting and analysis of high school and college athletes. As stated in the article:
“For the third straight year, OrangeBloods.com publisher Geoff Ketchum found himself logging the entire NFL Draft, pick by pick, with the purpose of better understanding what’s working and what’s not working as it relates to developing players at the collegiate level.”
Geoff, along with many others, are tracking to see trends, and are bringing an answer to the long asked question: “Do 5-stars get drafted more than 2-stars?” Any sports fan will love to see the results!
***Cover photo in the article from Rivals.com
In 2012 Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin made noise in the NFL draft on who would go first. After the Colts stayed with the number one pick and took Luck, the Washington Redskins made a blockbuster trade to move up and take Griffin. This marked the last time two quarterbacks were taken in the first two picks, until now!
While there was some conversation on who the top picks would be, the a former American Family Insurance ALL-USA First Team member in Jameis Winston got that honor going to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! Belonging to the Titans, the second pick was Marcus Mariota. While much remains to be seen from these two players, one thing the 2012 draft taught, this could change the course of the franchise for many years to come!
While Winston may have taken the attention by being selected first overall, the American Family Insurance ALL-USA alumni weren’t finished! Five more alumni were selected in the first round alone!
It’s exciting to see high school stars bloom into top NFL picks and USA Today takes a look at all of the American Family Insurance ALL-USA alumni who were drafted in this 2015 NFL draft! Check out the full list and breakdown here!
**Cover photo credit to USA Today.
It was dubbed as the future Kentucky University feature game, however the biggest highlight from this weekend’s BallisLife All-American games came from a UNLV commit.
Posting a perfect 50 score for each of his three dunks, UNLV commit Derrick Jones dropped jaws and brought the crowd to their feet during the entire dunk contest.
A slight to his lack of invite to the McDonald’s All-American Game, Jones’ stated he has no doubt he would have won there too. “I don’t lose too many dunk contests. It’s what I do,” Jones said. He’s right. Just a month ago he was putting up perfect scores and blowing away fans at the American Family Insurance contest where he dunked over four people!
To read the full recap and see Derrick Jones’ dunks, check out Kami Mattioli’s article on Sporting News here.
You can Derrick’s ESPN 100 rank and full scout grade by going to his ESPN recruiting profile here.
Derrick Jones’ resume goes much further than his dunking abilities. He led a powerhouse Archbishop Carroll team that was ranked inside the USA Super 25 Basketball rankings most of the season. They lost a heartbreaking game in the AAA State finals to Neumann Goretti. For a ScoreStream game recap, you can check it out on our free app or go here.
Get excited college basketball fans, Derrick Jones will be putting up Top 10 plays all next season for you!
It has been nearly a month since Dallas Jackson, owner of National HS Football and partner with VYPE, released his Pre-Preseason Top 25 Watch List, and with Spring camp circuit and 7 on 7’s starting, we felt it was a good time to bring this list back up!
The ScoreStream National 25 season end #1 Bishop Gorman leads the Top 25 Watch list, and with a young, highly touted QB in Tate Martell leading the team it is hard to see them moving outside of the top 5 all season!
“The HSFB100 Preseason release schedule will follow the normal pattern of seeing the spring camp circuit and the summer 7 on 7 sessions before the official countdown starts at the end of July but it is all but a lock that these teams will make an appearance in the upper half.
An initial Top 10 has a decidedly West Coast feel as five of the Top 10 teams are in the Pacific Time Zone with the top two positions being Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV) and De La Salle (Concord, CA).”
Ben Simmons of Montverde Academy not only led his team to one of the top rankings in the country, but he also set himself apart as the Player Of The Year!
USA Today Sport’s Jim Halley gives us the rest of the All-USA First, Second, and Third team selections after his deep analysis with coaches and recruiting analysts. To see the players that earned this great honor, click here.
There are moments every season that touch true sports fans: Cinderella stories, unexpected heroes, coaching through controversy to create a champion, the list could go on. When ScoreStream heard of what the Vanguard College Prep Vikings did for the Gainesville State Tornadoes we knew we had to share.
Some things are better seen, so we will leave it at this- GO WATCH THIS VIDEO!! And be prepared to be proud of Texas high school basketball!
A special shout-out to CBS Sunday Morning who covered the story and made the video.